In the last couple of years, I’ve started trying to make some Christmas presents. This year I planned to continue the tradition, but like most people I’ve managed to take on too much in not enough time! It can’t just be me that drastically underestimates how long things take?!
So far my homemade Christmas efforts have comprised:
- drawstring bags for 3 presents
- zipped make up bag with applique initial to personalise it
- beer mustard (recipe here – I’m not a mustard eater so hope it’s OK)
- caramelised onion chutney (recipe here – this is definitely a good’un, have made it before)
- 2 decorated plaques (one ‘button head’ in this style, another for the BF’s stepmum), still got 1 to do
- a hand painted mug, wine glass and beer glass
- countless handmade cards
- 2 Christmas cakes (the first broke so I suspect was undercooked – disaster! #2 is now in progress)
- 2 lots of Christmas bunting
- and a partridge in a pear tree 🙂
(I forgot to take photos of most things, will have to remedy that on Christmas day)
I really love making things and hope that I’ve thought of things my friends and family will appreciate. It would be easy to give them all something I want to make, but that they won’t actually like or use!
Is anyone else spending the last week before Christmas in a frantic crafting/sewing/baking/cooking frenzy?